CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
We invite the submission of proposals for workshops at ICC 2011. According to IEEE Communications Society guidelines, workshops should emphasize current topics of particular interest, consisting of a mix of regular papers, position papers, invited presentations, and panels, promoting active discussions between attendees. Workshops are typically full day events, although half day workshops may be appropriate in special cases. Note: Workshops be should focused in scope and not duplicate the topics of the 12 regular ICC symposia!
The Workshop Chairs will be your interface towards the IEEE/ComSoc and the IEEE ICC'11 TPC. ComSoc will prepare hard copies of articles/abstracts for local distribution at the workshop. Publication of regular, peer-reviewed articles on IEEE Xplore is also possible. However, workshop organizers should declare their intention for Xplore publication early and closely coordinate with the Workshop Chairs, to meet publication deadlines. Workshop proposals should be submitted to workshops_ICC2011@comsoc.org, no later than 31 March 2010, with notification of acceptance by 30 April 2010. Successful proposals are expected to have their CfP online at ICC 2010 in Capetown starting May 23, 2010. Note: Proposal deadline has been moved forward compared to earlier CfPs!
Each workshop proposal must include
- Title of the workshop
- Names, addresses, and a short CV (up to 200 words) of the organizers (preferably no more than 3 organizers from different regions of the world)
- A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues, emphasizing its timeliness
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers
- Planned format of the workshop, e.g. number of refereed papers, sessions, keynotes, panels etc.
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- A description of the publication plan and time line (hard copy versus CD, Xplore or not)
- A draft call for papers
Topics of Particular Interest
- LTE Advanced
- Next Generation Networks
- Optical Access Networks
- Future Internet
- Special Purpose Networking: e.g. Underwater networks, Vehicular Communications, Medical Networking,....
- Cooperative networks and other special topics in cognitive networking
- Power-aware switching and routing, Energy-efficient (green) Networking
- Autonomic Networking, Complex and self-* networks
- Management of new emerging networks/services
- Context Awareness and Personalization
- IPTV and VoIP
- Networked Gaming
- Network Aspects of Cloud Computing
- Topics related to Evolving Standards
- Social/economic aspects of ICT
- Other topics promising active discussion and significant interest amongst ICC attendees.
Furthermore, all submissions which are in the scope of the Call for Papers and satisfy the previously stated criteria are welcome. However, lack of overlap/duplication with symposia content will be one important selection criteria!
- Masayuki Murata, Osaka Universty, Japan
- Heinrich Stuttgen, NEC Europe Ltd., Germany